International control system for the ripening process of bananas
- Country: Czech Republic
- Name: International control system for the ripening process of bananas
- Implemented by: ELPRO Kolin, s.r.o.
- Date: 2003
- Control System: 1x Tecomat NS950, 1x Tecomat TC600
- Software: 1x Reliance Runtime Control with 250 data points
VVISS a.s. is Czech joint-stock company specializing in warehousing and distribution of a wide range fruits and vegetables in the EU. The company has six warehouses in two countries. Four of them are located in the Czech Republic (Brno, Ceska Skalice, Cesky Tesin, Zernov) and two warehouses are located in Slovakia (Madunice, Presov). The company's home-base is in Prague. In 2003, it was decided to install brand new international control system for the ripening process of bananas in the central office of VVISS a.s. The Czech company ELPRO Kolín, s.r.o. was responsible for the entire implementation of the new Central Control System.
The new (SCADA-based) control system with two PLC devices (Tecomat NS950 and Tecomat TC600) provides:
- Control of all cooling systems
- Monitoring power consumption of all cooling system
- Monitoring the quarter-hour maximum take-off for cooling systems
The full reference you may read at www.reliance.cz.